Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Minister, Christian Counselor
Works with Adolescents, Adults, Couples and Families
Specialty Issues: Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Sexual Abuse, Spiritual Abuse, African American Issues, Stress, Women's Issues, Military issues, Loss and Grief, Divorce, Blended Family Issues, Addictions, Theophostic Prayer Ministry
- Bachelors Degree in Sociology, (BS) 1971, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Masters of Science Social Work (MSSW) degree, 1973, University of Wisconsin, Madison campus.
- Bread From Heaven Institute,Creedmore, NC. (1984 -89). Licensed to Minister
- Masters of Arts (MAC) in Counseling, 1992, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
- Doctor of Ministry (D. Min.) 2008, Providence Bible School and Theological Seminary, Norfolk, VA
- Thirty-six years of direct and indirect, postmasters social work experience in a variety of settings in WI, NC and VA, with a variety of populations, ages, issues, and in a variety of roles
- Settings: Public and private agencies, inpatient, outpatient , health, mental health, substance abuse, mental retardation, family services, and the church environment.
- Populations: Children, youth, adults and geriatrics
- Roles: Clinician/therapist in the provision of individual, family, couples and group therapy, director, coordinator, workshop presenter and field faculty
- Field faculty for undergraduate and graduate social work and counseling students
- Business established in 2004: First Seek the Kingdom Education, Counseling and Consulting Services.
- Developed and operated a church owned Christian Counseling Ministry in a large, predominantly African American church in Norfolk, VA - 6 ½ years
- Licensed Clinical Social SWorker in Virginia and North Carolina
- Book: Stepping and Blending: Helping African Americans Prepare for Marriage, Remarriage and Stepfamily Life, published in July, 2009. This is a culturally sensitive, biblically sound educational and counseling resource to help African Americans prepare for marriage, remarriage, and prevent divorce. More information on the website at www.FirstseektheKingdom.com
- IATM - International Association of Theophostic Ministers
- AACC – American Association of Christian Counselors
- BAACC – Black African American Christian Counselors, Advisory Board Member, East Regional Representative
- In addition to being licensed to minister in 1989, she was also licensed in a local church in 2007, where she serves as an Associate Minister. Other minister experience include: Crisis Pregnancy Center Volunteer Singles Ministry Leader Childrens Minister New Converts Minister Covenant Care Pastor or cell group leader and Theophostic Prayer Minister.