Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Christian Counselor
Works with Children, Adolescents, Adults, Families
Specialty Issues: ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Women's Issues
- Longwood University: Bachelors in Social Work
- University of South Carolina Masters in Social Work
- 20 years of counseling experience
- 15 years of experience in private practice
- 5 years of experience as a program director/director of social work at a residential treatment for adolescents.
- Licensed Clincial Social Worker Virginia
- I regularly attend church with my family. My husband and I have been in numerous leadership activities in the church such as organizing family monthly outings, starting play groups for young mothers, child care, organizing and bringing theatre programs to the church, leading womens retreats.
- I have been in practice for 20 years. I am trained and work in the area of women's issues, marital therapy, infidelity, codependency, bipolar disorder, adhd, sexual abuse, adolescent development, anxiety and depression, PTSD, case management. I work with all age groups men, women, children and adolescents. I use a variety of therapies including individual, marital, family and group counseling. My therapeutic approach is one of supportive, cognitive behavioral counseling. My goals for my clients are to help them resolve the issues they are bringing to therapy. I help the client be aware of the impact emotions, behavior and thought processes have and how they may interfere with their daily living. I believe that trust and safety are extremely important in the therapeutic process and that biblical integration is important in resolution of issues.