Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Christian Counselor
Works with Children, Adolescents and Adults.
Specialty Issues: ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Military and Marital Issues, Stress and Panic Disorders
Virginia Beach location
- St. Mary's College, Bachelors degree in religious studies
- Jung Institute, Zurich Switzerland, Jungian therapy
- Notre Dame University, religious studies program
- University of Virginia, Masters degree in religious studies
- Norfolk State University, Masters in Social Work
- Family Therapy Center in Washington DC, advanced family therapy training
- Teaching Assistant
- Secondary Education, taught school for one year
- Resident Counselor, group homes for children, teenagers and adults with mental health and mental retardation issues for two years
- Adjunct Undergraduate and Graduate Instructor Norfolk State University
- Supervisor of case management /counseling of the Mental Retardation/Developmental Disability Program, City of Virginia Beach for 11 years
- Social Worker in private practice in Virginia for 17 years
- Virginia Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- University of Virginia: 1982: Paternalism For Persons with Mild Mental Retardation Channel 10, presentation of the benefits of a mother's group with their infants
- National Association of Social Workers
- Diplomat in Clinical Social Work, National Association of Social Work
- Social Worker at Family Fleet and Services at Oceana, counseling personnel from all military branches and their families.
- Active member of local Christian Church in Virginia Beach Carmelite of the Secular Order (OCDS)for 22 years
- Director of Formation, OCDS for 9 years
- I have been trained in therapy techniques for children, adolescents and adults. I work with children age 4 and up using family counseling, cognitive behavior therapy. In general, I am eclectic and use the therapy approach that is most suited for the individual psychologically and spiritually. This may include family systems, marital therapy, cognitive/behavioral, spiritual systems or other techniques. The goal is to integrate spiritual principles within all therapy approaches. However, I do not use any therapy techniques that are contrary to the Word of God or His leading in any individual life.