Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Christian Counselor
Works With Adolescents, Adults, Couples and Families.
Specialty Issues: Anxiety, Depression, Stress,Anger Management,ADHD, Substance Abuse, Marital Issues, PTSD, and Grief
Virginia Beach location
- BA Sociology From Old Dominion University 1978
- MSW From Norfolk State University 1981
- Post Graduate College of William and Mary 1985-1987
- Dually licensed in mental health counseling and substance abuse treatment
- Over thirty years professional clinical work with dually diagnosed patients, in addition to specializing in family therapy, marital therapy, SA groups and SA-IOP groups; Supervision of interns emphasizing in SA/ MH treatment methods and skill development.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW), Licensed Substance Abuse Practitioner (LSATP)
- Advanced Certification in Theophostic Prayer Ministry Counseling
- Born again Christian; Belief in the spiritual strength and guidance that the Lord Jesus can bring to the therapeutic arena.
- Eclectic, involving Christian existential philosophy, Reality therapy, Cognitive Behavior and Gestalt. Implements Harm reduction techniques in substance abuse treatment.