Licensed Professional Counselor, Christian Counselor
Works Adults, Singles and Couples
Specialty Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Anger Management, Marital Issues, Codependency, PTSD, Men's Issues, Addiction Issues, Stress Management, Grief, Sexual Abuse, and Theophostic Prayer Ministry
Virginia Beach location
- MA in Counseling - Regent University
- BS & MBA - Old Dominion University
- Worked 10 years in Houston, TX for Rapha (psychiatric and substance abuse Treatment from a Christian perspective) in a hospital setting before returning to Virginia Beach.
- Supervisor for students and counselors and volunteered group, individual and couple counseling through local church before returning to clinical practice with CPS.
- LPC - VA since 1998 #0701002795
- Attends Vineyard Churches
- Home group leader, in worship band.
- Enjoys reading/discussing Christian worldview and philosophy.
Focuses on integrating a Christian worldview with secular theories and techniques (all truth is God's truth). This primarily includes communication skills, forgiveness, and a Biblical approach to cognitive therapy with the idea of "taking captive thoughts and making them obedient to Christ." Works with adults 18 and older. Clients are predominently individuals with depression and/or anxiety and couples who want to improve their communication.