Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Christian Counselor
Works with Children, Adolescents and Adults
Specialty issues: Anxiety, Anger Management, Stress, Depression, Grief & Loss, PTSD, Men's Issues, Marital Issues, Divorce Issues, Family Issues, Family Violence & Abuse, Recovery Issues, ADHD, OCD, and Other Learning and Development Disorders
Virginia Beach, Suffolk, and Chesapeake locations
- Regent University, Virginia Beach, Virginia MA in Counseling
- Salisbury University, Salisbury, Maryland BA in Psychology
- Part time counselor/intake clinician with the homeless population in Virginia Beach VA 1993-1997
- Program Coordinator for dually diagnosed, Mentally Ill/Adults with special needs creating and facilitating day treatment programs 1995-1996
- Intensive Home-Based Therapist for at risk youth in Norfolk and Tidewater (6yrs). 1997-2001
- Licensed Professional Counselor and Marriage and Family Therapist
- Private practice in Tidewater area 2001-Present
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist-LMFT# 0717001015.
- Licensed Professional Counselor-LPC# 0701002937
- American Psychotherapy Association/Diplomat-member ID#13499
- Attending member of a non-denominational fellowship
- Served in a multitude of roles includingusher, head-usher, softball coach, prison ministries, Sunday school teacher for adult classes and a counselor in the church.
- Trained to provide individual, group and marriage and family therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
- Therapeutic approaches are implemented according to the needs of the individuals and families.
Approaches include the following:
- Family Systems, Experiential Family Therapy, Bowenian Family Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral, Rogerian and Psychodynamic theoretical foundations
- Significant experience and training in custody/court forensic evaluations and other blended family issues
- Experience with a broad spectrum of populations in the human service field. Primary goal is to integrate sound biblical principles with therapeutic interventions for each individual and family's goal toward wholeness and positive well-being.