To use text reader, highlight desired text and click speaker icon.
ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERS
The Center for Attention Deficit Disorders is a comprehensive program developed by Christian Psychotherapy Services to diagnose and treat attentional difficulties and related disorders in children, adolescents and adults.Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) can be a devastating dysfunction, not only to the person who has it, but also to their family and friends. Since symptoms include poor concentration, restlessness, distractibility, impulsiveness, hyperactivity, forgetfulness…their impact can cause the ADHD sufferer to do poorly in school and work. In addition, symptoms of poor anger control, poor time management, disorganized lifestyle, a tendency to interrupt others in conversation…can impair relationships with significant others such as parents, siblings, peers, spouses and employers.
The Center for Attention Deficit Disorders has developed specific psychological evaluation techniques to determine the presence of ADHD for individuals age four through adult.
- Individual therapy to help the individual adjust and effectively cope with the symptoms of ADHD as well as improving their self-image.
- Group therapy to help the child, adolescent or adult improve social skills, self-control strategies and self-esteem.
- Psychoeducational group therapy for parents to help them learn effective parenting strategies for dealing with their ADHD child.
- Family therapy to help deal with behavior problems that are often present.
- Consultation with teachers, principals and day care workers to help create the optimal educational environment.
- Medication therapy with the appropriate medication to reduce the symptoms of ADHD.
- Neurotherapy to help train the brain for focus and attention.
Individuals seeking treatment from The Center for Attention Deficit Disorders may receive all or just a few of the treatment strategies the Center has to offer. Each person is evaluated individually and a program is tailored to meet their particular needs.