To use text reader, highlight desired text and click speaker icon.
LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor)
NCC (Nationally Certified Counselor)
EMDR TRAINED (EMDRIA)
Currently pursuing requisite hours for EMDR Certification through EMDRIA (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association)
Specialty Issues: Trauma and PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Grief, Relationship Issues, Women’s Issues, Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation Issues, Anger Management, OCD
Works with Children, Adolescents, and Adults
Virginia Beach and Chesapeake Locations
- Masters of Arts in Counseling – Regent University
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Five years clinical and research experience working in a variety of settings including:
- Christian Psychotherapy Services
- Virginia Wesleyan University
- Sentara Hospital, Hampton, VA.
- Married 36 years
- Mother of 3 grown children, grandmother of 5 young grandchildren
Virginia Board of Counseling
National Board of Certified Counselors
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT -- Ascribe to a Biblical perspective in which:
- Redemption is available to all people/ all situations
- Self-awareness, the truth about one’s self, informs the principle that “you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”
- Ascribe to a psychodynamic and cognitive behavioral approach to care -- difficult and/or traumatic childhood life events impact one’s life via maladaptive neurological information processing resulting in psychological, relational, and behavioral problems.