To use text reader, highlight desired text and click speaker icon.
THERAPY GROUP FORMING!!
MEETS EVERY OTHER
TUESDAY or THURSDAY 6:00-7:20 pm
STARTING with every 8 group members to apply & be approved for the group.
“Daughters of Narcissistic Parents”
If these characteristics of Narcissistic Parents describe your parent and you are seeking a therapy group to help in your healing please ask our receptionists to process your application for participation in this group:
- Everything [the narcissistic parent] does is deniable.
- She violates your boundaries.
- Narcissistic parents commonly choose one (sometimes more) child to be the golden child and one (sometimes more) to be the scapegoat.
- She/He undermines.
- He demeans, criticizes and denigrates.
- She makes you look crazy. Always, she’ll blame you for her abuse of you.
- She’s envious.
- He’s a liar in too many ways to count.
- She has to be the center of attention all the time.
- She manipulates your emotions in order to feed on your pain.
- He’s selfish and willful. He is never wrong about anything.
- She’s self-absorbed. She is never wrong about anything.
- He is insanely defensive and is extremely sensitive to any criticism.
- He/She terrorized.
- If you refuse to let her manipulate you into doing something, she will cry that you don’t love her because if you loved her you would do as she wanted.
- He doesn’t ask. He demands.
- She shed her responsibilities to you as soon as she was able, leaving you to take care of yourself as best you could.
- She seems to have no awareness that other people even have feelings.