Celebrating Our Fortieth Year of Meeting the Needs of the People of Hampton Roads and Eastern Shore of Virginia
To use text reader, highlight desired text and click speaker icon.
THERAPY GROUP FORMING!!
MEETS EVERY OTHER
TUESDAY or THURSDAY 6:00-7:20 pm
STARTING with every 8 group members to apply & be approved for the group.
“Daughters of Narcissistic Parents”
If these characteristics of Narcissistic Parents describe your parent and you are seeking a therapy group to help in your healing please ask our receptionists to process your application for participation in this group:
- Everything [the narcissistic parent] does is deniable.
- She violates your boundaries.
- Narcissistic parents commonly choose one (sometimes more) child to be the golden child and one (sometimes more) to be the scapegoat.
- She/He undermines.
- He demeans, criticizes and denigrates.
- She makes you look crazy. Always, she’ll blame you for her abuse of you.
- She’s envious.
- He’s a liar in too many ways to count.
- She has to be the center of attention all the time.
- She manipulates your emotions in order to feed on your pain.
- He’s selfish and willful. He is never wrong about anything.
- She’s self-absorbed. She is never wrong about anything.
- He is insanely defensive and is extremely sensitive to any criticism.
- He/She terrorized.
- If you refuse to let her manipulate you into doing something, she will cry that you don’t love her because if you loved her you would do as she wanted.
- He doesn’t ask. He demands.
- She shed her responsibilities to you as soon as she was able, leaving you to take care of yourself as best you could.
- She seems to have no awareness that other people even have feelings.